Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Pops.


Today is my Dad's birthday. I hope he will not mind if I tell people he's sixty. Sixty! I will add here that my parents still seem so young and lively, which is probably why I have never feared getting older.

I didn't have work today, so I tagged along with Jen, Jules, and Jack for a surprise birthday visit to Dad at the post office. We stopped at Mid's to pick up some treats to take him.

Getting ready to yell, "Happy Birthday, Pap!"





Pappy lets Jules play with the stamps.

She stamped me with a "First Class" (my request in lieu of "Perishable" ) and a Revloc postmark.

Then she stamped Jack. Sorry, Laura.

It was lots of happy birthday fun.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Thanks Allison. This was one of the highlights of my B-day. No I don't mind your telling my age. As my 85 year old friend Russ Brown said;
"60 is the new 40".

Ali said...

Judging by Mr. Brown's liveliness, 85 is the new 40.