Friday, June 4, 2010

Oscar doesn't look grouchy. He looks kinda psycho.

So, you may know from my photo blog that Julia's Oscar balloon had to ride home from Philly in my car. I had dinner with Jen, Jules, Melis, Brian, and Drama Club Eric tonight, so I took the balloon to give it back. I thought I had anchored it pretty well toward the floor of the backseat, but I guess it dislodged itself. So, picture it: I'm driving along and in my rearview mirror I see this face rising up slowly from the floor of my backseat:


GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Look, I know it's a cartoon balloon (How many of you spontaneously started singing Elton John's Levon just then?) but all I saw was a psychotic face rising up out of my backseat and for a split second I screamed in fright. Then I nearly wrecked, and took almost two miles to calm myself down. That split second may have been the greatest terror I have ever experienced.

I know now that if a murderer is ever really hiding in my backseat, I will die of a heart attack before he ever gets his hands on me. I can only hope that he's horribly disfigured in the wreck that is sure to follow, but not too disfigured to serve a life sentence for manslaughter. I want my vengeance, even from the grave.

No comments: