Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Munich, in pictures

The first stop on our grand tour of Germany, Austria, and Slovakia was Munich, and we just happened to be there for the first day of Oktoberfest. I highly recommend it.






Uncle Eric was making friends at Oktoberfest.



Just plain having fun.



Dad goes on the crazy flying swing ride with Emily.



The world famous Munich glockenspiel.





Mom and Dad at the Linderhof Castle gardens.



And back to Oktoberfest!



Full disclosure: I did not finish this.



Weird cheese platter that I ordered. The Germans love their onions.




Okay, guys, I swear Uncle Giz is not meaning to flip anyone off here. He's just trying to balance a spicy bratwurst. At least I think so...



Nutella crepes! (They were beyond delicious.)




Mr. Corn



Mr. Bratwurst



Mr. Blue Hair who likes to jump in front of the camera.



Next up: Oberammergau!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures of the blonde beer wenches with amazing "personality"?

Anonymous said...

P.S. nice use of blur on the swings at night (are big and bright...clap...clap..clapp..deep in teh heart of bravia!)

Ali said...

There was a lot of "personality" all over the place, but I did not photograph it.

Thanks about the swings. It took me a few tries to get a good one.

"I really am in Bavaria, Dotty! Here, I'll prove it!"

Kristen said...

Full disclosure: I did finish my beer. More than once.

The photo of Uncle Jimmy -- is that when you told me he got all giddy and said "I got her now!" about the bathrooms?

Jimmy Jam said...

it is really sad that I made and you got that reference.

Linda said...

I love the swings. It's the best of the bunch!

Ali said...

James, I will never not get a PeeWee's Big Adventure reference, and I take pride in that.

Kris, yes, that was the "I got her now!" moment. He was having quite a time.

Thanks, Linda.