Sunday, July 12, 2009

Obsessed!

So, it's cousin week and I've been staying up till 4AM and sleeping till noon. Going to work tomorrow is going to be wretched. But what has been keeping me up till 4AM, you ask? Aside from the usual board games, I am completely obsessed with Wii Rock Band.


I like the drums the best, but all the parts are fun. Now I can't listen to a song without thinking about what the drum beat would be in Rock Band. I'm listening to my iPod and going, "That would be a one-two beat on the red and yellow, ending with a green/foot-pedal combo." Also none of us can get "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs out of our heads.

Kris and I are visiting Liz and Zack in a few weeks and we're getting the band back together. Wes can be our roadie!

That's one cute roadie.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you had a great vacation. I also hope you can get your butt out of bed tomorrow and go to work tomorrow.

Kristen said...

I keep hearing songs and thinking how much fun they would be to play on Rock Band instead of -- let me just pick something out of a hat here -- Beastie Boys.

Ali said...

I know! I'm listening to the cousin CD right now and the drum beat on "Take On Me" sounds like it would be awesome to play. And it would just make me want to add a keyboard all the more.

Now imagine Aaron trying to hit those high notes.

Linda said...

Hello, does Aunt Linda get any credit for supplying the Rock Band of your precious memories. I want my credit. Just saying...

Zackery David said...

I have full confidence that Aaron would dominate "Take On Me" after his excellent performance of "Roxanne" on expert. Liz and I had a small jam session last night to practice for the upcoming event. We look forward to your visit.

Ali said...

Sorry, Linda. I know how important credit is in this family. Thanks to you and Uncle Giz for fitting it in the car and bringing Kris too. I understand you originally thought you'd have to choose between the two because of space concerns.

Zack, I don't know about that. Roxanne is high, but Take On Me? I suspect you need to be Norwegian to hit those notes.