Thursday, July 30, 2009

Listen up, you guys. This is important.

Hey all, remember when I went on and on about how amazing the new NBC show Southland is? And how I was telling you about it because I love you and want you to have access to good television? And how most of you said to me, "But Ali, it's already five episodes into its seven-episode run. We can't catch up now. Shouldn't you have procrastinated less in telling us about this?" And then I explained in a somewhat snippy voice that I thought it was a thirteen episode run and not seven, and then I barked that I am a procrastinator by nature and that if you love me you have to love all the things about me! Remember that? Yeah, things were a little strained between us for a while.

Well, now you can catch up from the beginning! NBC is running all seven episodes of the first season starting tomorrow night at 9PM. I'm so delighted I could puke.

Okay. Other stuff you might need to know:


This is Officer John Cooper. He is going to be your favorite character on TV. Except perhaps for Coach, but since NBC is depriving us of him until SUMMER OF 2010, I guess we can't think about that right now. Officer Cooper. You're going to love him so much. Prepare yourself.

Joining Officer Cooper is his trainee, Officer Ben Sherman. You will also love him. I can feel it.



Other people you will probably love: Lydia, because she is awesome, and Sammy, because he is adorable and sweet and his wife needs to be institutionalized. Her hair immediately confirms that. She has crazy-person hair.

Fridays at 9. Write that down. This will be Southland's regular timeslot this fall. You're going to want to clear your schedule or set the Tivo or both. It's seriously the best show on TV right now. At least until summer of 2010. (Summer! Of 2010! What were they thinking?)

3 comments:

Jimmy Jam said...

by 2010 I want very little to do with TV. LOST should be done then.

Ali said...

Dude. You need to not be so tunnel-visioned when it comes to TV. This thing you're doing where you think you're being kind to me by letting me know I need to watch Lost? I'm returning that kindness in the form of Friday Night Lights and Southland. Accept the gift.

And a thank you would not be out of order.

Jimmy Jam said...

Gift not accepted at this time. I need to read more and study for certifications, and get 10,000 of photography to "master" it. So my plate is full right now.