Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What I did this weekend...

...was to meticulously re-create the pages of Ellie's adventure book for Julia, so she doesn't have to carry around her children's Bible and pretend it's an adventure book anymore. I had borrowed her DVD of Up so I had a template for the book, and yesterday I got a call at work. It went like this:

Ali: Hello?
Jules: You will bring Russell back, please?
Ali: Oh, sweetheart, I will bring Russell back, the next time I come to your house.
Jules: You can come tonight, please?
Ali: Honey, I can't come tonight because there's a snowstorm.
Jules: But you will bring Russell back?
Ali: Can you put mommy on the phone?

Jen then explained to me that Julia asked to watch Up, was informed that "Aunt Ali has the DVD," and dragged a chair over to the kitchen phone and declared, "I will call her." Heartbreaking.

And then my co-worker berated me for stealing my niece's movies.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Ha, way to have your niece make you feel guilty while you make her an adorable gift.

And tell Jen she can instantly stream Up through Netflix now -- they just added it recently. Not that I keep my eye on the children's cartoon section or anything...

Ali said...

Aaaaahhhh! You can stream Up now? That's delightful news. I love Netflix streaming. Love it!

Liz said...

"i will call her" aaawwwwwww.