Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Othello


So, last night I headed down to the Shakespeare Theater to see a National Theater Live broadcast of Othello. (NT Live is the program where plays from the British National Theater are broadcast via satellite all over the worldoh, beautiful technology!and it's how I saw the amazing production of Frankenstein last year which Kris and Lex and I will be seeing again in January.)

This production was unreal, it was so good. Adrian Lester was heartbreaking in the title role, but it was Rory Kinnear as Iago who really stole the show. I mean, Iago is a scene-stealer of a character to start with, but Rory Kinnear is unparalleled. I was hanging on his every word, and feeling hideous about it because Iago is so evil.

"Look into my eeevil eyes."

I enjoyed it so much that I bought a ticket for the encore showing next week. I hope I can stand that much heartbreak in a two-week span.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

January! The month that is suddenly full of so many awesome things.