Saturday, August 8, 2009

Flowers from the Farmer's Market


Every Friday during the summer there's a little Farmer's Market along the perimeter of Central Park in J-town. There's a sweet little nun selling fresh produce and a guy with a cheese stand. There are plants and baked goods and all sorts of lovely stuff, but my favorite is the flower stand. A man and his daughter bring fresh flowers from their farm and display them in big buckets. You can choose your own arrangement or let them make one for you, or you can do what I do, which is to tell them the types of colors I'm looking for and then point to pretty things as they're putting the arrangement together and say, "Could you add one of those lovely pink furry things?" The bouquets are always so beautiful and they last for weeks. I took a lovely bunch to Liz's last week and yesteday I got some for myself.


This bouquet was only ten dollars! I told her to please pick out some pinks, purples, and whites, and she threw this together in, like, 90 seconds. I'm enjoying them so much.

1 comment:

Liz said...

As you promised, the flowers you brought are still gorgeous! I think the pink furry ones will out last us all.