Monday, October 4, 2010

Attempts to recapture nostalgic moments from my childhood so seldom work out for me.

A word of advice: If you're ever at the store and you see a pack of Fruit Stripe gum and you think to yourself, "I loved that stuff when I was a kid. I think I'll buy that pack of gum and put it in my purse," don't. Just don't. This morning my entire bag reeks like Froot Loops.

This is just like the time I ate some Chef Boyardee ravioli in grad school. You can imagine how that went.

What's that stench?

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I also bought a pack a couple of years ago thinking it would be just as good as it was before. Bleck. I have a feeling those Lik-A-Made powder packets with the candy stick wouldn't be nearly as good, either.

Liz said...

Kristen, that's blasphemous. Fun Dips will always be as good as they were when we were little!

Totally agree about the gum though. bleh.

Kristen said...

Can you still buy Fun Dips? Because I would totally test that out.

Ali said...

Oh yes, but they're usually these single packets in funky updated flavors like raspberry apple. They make them as treats for Halloween and Valentine's Day. If you want the good old kind with two sticks and three packets (yeah, I never got that either) in cherry, grape, and lime, you usually have to find a nostalgia store like that candy store we used to go to in Jim Thorpe.

Kristen said...

Jim Thorpe! Fall foliage! Whatever happened to our yearly trips? I'm now convinced we need to pick that back up, if only to search out the Fun Dips.

Ali said...

I'm in!