Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Super easy in-between-Sauce-Days sauce.

You know how sometimes you've used the last of your sauce and you're craving pasta and Sauce Day isn't till the weekend? Maybe you've been watching Goodfellas, or maybe you just read Taylor's post about her exquisite Florentine meal, but you need pasta.

That's where I was tonight, so I made up a little recipe that's super easy and works in just such a pinch as this.


Throw some olive oil in a pan and heat it up. Toss some minced garlic in and let that cook up a bit. All good things start this way, am I right?


Next, add some tomatoes. Diced or crushed, canned or just out of your garden, whatever you prefer. Then tossed some fresh basil in there and let it all simmer while your pasta cooks.


Yum city.

2 comments:

Melissa (your sister) said...

Taylor's post made me hungry too. Imay have to try this.

That or use the frozen sauce I just found in my freezer whose origins I am unsure of. Wondering how long frozen sauce can last, hmmm....

Ali said...

Use it. I don't care when it was made. You can't throw out family sauce.