Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tilapia Meuniere

July is really busy and I am nothing if not Her Majesty, the Queen of Procrastination (yes, kneel please), so here, on July 31st is this month's meat meal. I will not take any guff from people claiming that fish is not meat. Kristen doesn't eat it and it's terrifying to handle, so it fits both my criteria for meat.

I went with Tilapia Meuniere, adapted from the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for Sole Muniere. I had tilapia on hand and not sole, so there you go. The Contessa claimed it was a quick and easy meal and my girl Ina Garten has not let me down yet.

I had some mouthwatering photos to show you, but my camera card is being finicky. All I can tell you is, you brown up some butter, throw in some fish that has been salted and dredged in a flour mixture, and fry it up. When it's good and going, you add fresh lemon juice, and the juice and butter create this sauce that I cannot even describe in words. You'll have to imagine something sublime all on your own. I trust you to do it justice.

It's lemony and buttery and crazy delicious. And who would ever know if, in the privacy of my own home, I licked the plate?

Don't judge.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Exactly. Technically birds aren't meat, either, but you won't catch me tucking into a nice roasted mourning dove.