Friday, September 30, 2011

Beef Noodle Soup

This weekend is supposed to be cold, rainy, and dreary. That's just the thing for me because my plans for the weekend are to sleep in, remain in my pajamas for as long as possible, and get cozy with my DVR.

And the perfect companion to a cold, dreary, DVR-cozy weekend? A big pot of soup. So, on the last day of the month, I give you September's Meat Meal: beef noodle soup.


The first step: carrots. Lots of carrots.


After handling all the ingredients, my hands smelled like celery and black pepper, which reminded me of stuffing, which made me think of Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, bonus.


There is a big old piece of beef at the bottom of this pot. You'll have to take my word because I couldn't bear to photograph it. Maneuvering it into the pot entailed much squealing and shrieking. I'm sure you can imagine.


Perfect. Lots of carrots, al dente ditalini, and a sprinkle of Romano cheese.

8 comments:

Jimmy Jam said...

1. nice use of white balance with the camera!

2. I hate that I can't eat this anymore.

Ali said...

1. Thank you!

2. You didn't become a vegetarian, too, did you? It would be a rare case of Kris having a bad influence on you instead of the other way around.

Jimmy Jam said...

Nope, just really lazy. I haven't cooked eggs in months. Plus this looks hard.

Ali said...

Trust me, it is not hard. The only hard part was maneuvering the raw beef into the pot without passing out from horror.

Jimmy Jam said...

got the recipe you can share?

P.S> I buy carrots baby in the bag and I don't open it.....that's how lazy I am.

Ali said...

Yeah, okay, you can't make this.

Kristen said...

Should I be insulted by that second comment? I feel like I should be insulted.

Also, when he still lived here, James was constantly making off with my vegetarian food, so I think a full switch wouldn't be too hard to manage . . .

Jimmy Jam said...

it is really wet and cold right now I want this soup.