Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blargh.



So, the Academy has gone ahead and officially announced that Eddie Murphy will be hosting the Oscars. This is so disappointing because I find him to be neither charming nor funny. And the worst part of all of this? For weeks they teased me with the possibility of Billy Crystal himself coming back to host. And now this? It's not to be borne.

I have to say, it was clever of Mr. Murphy to go for this year's hosting duties since a wet sock would look lively and amusing compared to the nearly-comatose James Franco, who is usually so charming and who I still insist was tranquilized for last year's awards. Perhaps it's best that I go in with low expectations in any case.

In related news, I just found a sliver of Swiss Roll coating under the keyboard at my desk. I cannot remember the last time I had a Swiss Roll at work.

3 comments:

Melissa (your sister) said...

Before you mentioned you were at work I assumed you were home and Julia had wiped her hands under a table as usual. Is it possible she outsmarted security and paid a visit to your office?

Ali said...

I suppose anything is possible. She is terribly clever. And she can climb like Spiderman.

Kristen said...

Okay, if you're going to tease people that Billy Crystal is coming back (when you have no intention of bringing him back), at least pick someone we won't cringe over. I mean, really.