Monday, September 26, 2011

There and back again.



We are back and I'm not sure how, but I seem to be back on Eastern Standard Time already. I'll post more later, but I can tell you that much beer was drunk at Oktoberfest (and that's not the only thing that was drunk), we had a snowball fight at Hitler's teahouse (serves the old creep right), and Melis and I marched across the garden fountain at Mirabell Palace just like the Sound of Music kids did during "Do Re Mi" (but we were not dressed in drapes).

Linda and I had some homemade Slovakian brandy in an antique shop in Bratislava, Dad and Jimmy smoked Cubans, and my mother sampled lots of Viennese chocolates.

Also, the potato salad is amazing. I can't wait to go back.

5 comments:

Jimmy Jam said...

That pic of you with a stein is simply devilish. Are you drunk at that point?

Kristen said...

You had a snowball fight? How did I miss that? I must have already been in the elevator on my way down to Brunhilda at that point.

Ali said...

@James: No, I was not. I actually didn't get drunk at all. (I was not one of the ones being referred to in that sentence.)

@Kris: Yes, and my dad was the one who started it. He threw a snowball at your dad, who responded by throwing one at me! Brian also threw one at me and I threw one back at him, but my revenge against your father has yet to be completed. (Actually, I just forgot about the revenge altogether. Must start keeping a revenge notebook...)

Jimmy Jam said...

po-tae-to

Boil 'em, mash 'em, put 'em in a salad?

Ali said...

What has it got in its pocketses, precious?