Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


It's Mother's Day! I want to wish a happy day to my mom, who made pretty dresses for me, taught me how to cover my textbooks with paper bags, took my picture every year on the first day of school, gave me a love of 60s music, and forced me to join the Forest Hills forensics team which is the reason I am able to speak in public to this day. She once heard me singing along to Madonna's Material Girl, about how "the boy with the cold hard cash is always Mr. Right," and she pulled me aside and told me, "I want you to understand that that's not right, what Madonna's singing about. We don't believe that."

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you.

Please ignore my 80s perm. This was around the time
I got saddled with the nickname Frannie Frizz.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You're not going to apologize for the shorts?

Total James comment. I know.

Ali said...

I believe the word you're looking for, Kristen, is "culottes," and no, I won't be apologizing for them.

Viva la 80s!