Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm off to visit the Grand Canyon. Also my friend Melissa.

"Ali? Has anyone seen Ali?"

The Group is headed to Phoenix this weekend, with stops in Flagstaff, Sedona, and some little Old West ghost town where I hope I'll see at least one dude wearing spurs. Here's also hoping I don't wilt in the desert heat, get burned by the desert sun, or trip over a tumbleweed and fall into the Grand Canyon. It would be an undignified way to die, but I always knew my clumsiness would get me in the end.

I predict hijinks of every kind and perhaps even a small international incident. The Group does not travel quietly.

Melissa, we're about to descend upon you. Prepare for wackiness to ensue! (And sorry about the second billing in the title.)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Ooo, see if you can try to replicate that famous Ansel photo! And of course you'll get burned by the desert sun. There's really no hope in that case.

Anonymous said...

you need to see the glass viewing deck that goes out over the canyon. It looks pretty awesome....and scary.

Anonymous said...

Ali you are paler than a ghost...and will be as red as a lobster when you get back.

Ali said...

Megs, we did not see the glass deck. Alas, I shall have to go back again and try that.

Anonymous person whom I can only assume is James, I am still as pale as pasteurized milk, thanks to the judicious use of SPF 70 sunscreen and a totally dorky visor purchased at the Phoenix Target.