Thursday, November 11, 2010

So it begins

Today I tackled what was undoubtedly the biggest item on my list: number 6: Organize bedroom closet.

It took most of the day, however, I did sleep in pretty late since I didn't get to bed 'til after 3:00 AM because Game Night with the work friends went until 2:30 and what the crap are we in high school or something? That was nuts. But back the closet. It's done! Also, I read 20 pages of my book, took a lovely walk in the sunshine, went through my cookbooks, and started going through my Real Simples, so I think I'm doing pretty well on my list.

I didn't take a before picture of the closet because it was just too appalling, but just imagine something from that A&E show about hoarders. Here is the after:


My walk-in closet is walkable once more. (Yeah that's a flapper costume and a witch dress on the left.)

And just to give you an idea of how hideous it was before, I pulled out ten bags of stuff to donate and four bags of stuff to trash. I have no idea where it all came from. Probably a hefty portion of it came from the 90s.

Tomorrow: the bathroom cupboard!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

14 bags of stuff?! Oh dear, I wonder what horrors my closet holds.

Ali said...

I know, Kristen! It doesn't even seem possible, but I assure you, it all came out. And it's not like there's even tons of free space now. It defies the laws of physics.