Saturday, May 28, 2011

May Meat Meal

This month, I made the Pioneer Woman's recipe for Linguine with Shrimp.


As raw shrimp goes, it's one of the lesser terrifying meats, but it's scary just the same.


I had to run out and buy white wine for this recipe, so now I'm going to be looking for other recipes to use up this wine. Getting that cork out was an ordeal.


Fresh parsley smells so nice.


The Pioneer Woman called for four large cloves of garlic, so of course I did six. PW is delightful but she is not, to my knowledge, Italian.


That's a thing of beauty.


There are few aromas more satisfying to a Sicilian girl than that of garlic and olive oil. It's like being in Mom's kitchen on sauce day.


To this mixture I added diced tomatoes, white wine, kosher salt, and pepper. The kitchen smelled amazing.


Toss in your scary shrimp...


...and your extremely al dente pasta...


...and into the foil it goes. Topped with all that beautiful parsley.


Into the oven, or out on the grill if you've got one, for 15 minutes. I love recipes like that because you can use those 15 minutes to wash all your dishes and clean up your kitchen.


And then you get this. The pasta is perfect, the shrimp is plump, and the clean-up is minimal.


Dig in and do the happy dance when you realize it tastes like Maggiano's garlic shrimp linguine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister will be over to finish the wine!

Ali said...

James, I assume that's you. I think Kris is more of a red girl.

Kristen said...

Al, you know me so well.

Although, given my love of wine, I probably would have succumbed to the torture of finishing the bottle.

Linda said...

Why have a Maggiano wanna be when you can have the real thing? Oh, that's right. You can't have the real thing unless you visit. I had it today, and I will have it tomorrow... and the next few days.

Ali said...

First of all: rude.

Second of all: you told me they changed that dish and totally ruined it. Now you're ordering it again? What's up with that?

Aaaand now I have Kenan Thompson singing in my head.

Anonymous said...

may I just say I hate shrimp...but it does look nice in that tin foil..... I might have to just try making this dish.....