Saturday, August 6, 2011

"Little more than half a day's journey. Yes, I call it a very easy distance."

And we're off! For the next nine days I will be visiting my dear aunt and uncle and cousin, and indulging in indolence and delight and sunning and swimming. Jen is driving. Maggie is sleeping. Jules has her bubble gum, swim floaties, and Dora the Explorer doll and she is all set to go.

I write to you from the PA Turnpike while listening to a song with the lyrics, "Take a right at my parents' house on 869, goin' straight on to Bedford till you start seeing signs for the Pennsylvania Turnpike, then you'll know what to do. And once you're out on the highway it's all up to you."

Indeed.

5 comments:

Megan said...

is that one of Mike's songs?

Ali said...

Good catch, Megs. It's called "The Devil You Don't."

Megan said...

I keep meaning to email Laura to see if I can get a copy of his latest music. I really enjoyed listening to it.

Ali said...

It's so good, Megs. I haven't stopped listening to the CDs since I got them.

Kristen said...

Ditto.