Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm rooting for The Artist, but you probably already knew that.


Just hand over that Best Picture statuette, please.

The Oscar nominations were just announced this morning. My oh my, I have been waiting for this.

I am...

Delighted: The Artist got all the noms I predicted for it and more.

Pleasantly surprised: about the nominations for Gary Oldman, Jonah Hill, and Melissa McCarthy.

Astonished: not to see Michael Fassbender somewhere on this list since he’s been in 53 movies this year. I was beginning to think I couldn't escape him.

Amazed: at how many nominations Hugo got despite its relatively small buzz leading up to the awards.

Shocked: that Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close got a nom for Supporting Actor let alone Best Picture.

Relieved: so, so relieved that I won’t have to see Carnage. Sorry talented actors who starred in it, but if you want me to be excited about your movie, don't work with Roman Polanski.

Disgusted: that I will now have to see The Tree of Life. I loathe Terrence Malick.

Disappointed: that Ewan McGregor wasn’t noticed for the finest performance I’ve ever seen him give, in The Beginners.

Avoiding: my sister Jen who will surely be furious that Leonardo Dicaprio was snubbed for his role in J. Edgar, despite the fact that she hasn’t yet seen it.

Excited: to start overdosing on movies! I have seen 4 of the 9 Best Picture nominees, so I have a long way to go.

Let the Oscar readiness begin!

No comments: