Wednesday, July 11, 2012

An evening with Hitch



Well, I'm still not quite settled in down here, but I've started exploring. I found a Trader Joe's and a Chipotle, so that's a good start. Last night, I headed up to the AFI Silver to see a showing of Hitchcock's 1946 masterpiece Notorious. It was wonderful to see it on a huge screen in a grand old movie palace. The Edith Head costumes were more fabulous, the evil Germans were more evil, and Cary Grant was even more dashing, if that's even possible.

This weekend I'm off to the National Gallery.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I will say it again: Trader Joe's wine. Yum.

And I don't think it's possibly to convey my level of envy at your National Gallery trip. Details once you go. The last time I was there I stared at a da Vinci for 20 minutes. I would happily set up a tent in there if they let me. Alas.

Linda said...

I am jealous of everything at your disposal. Did you know that Lloyd had an exhibition at the National Gallery sometime in the last 5 years.It was there for several months.
The movie theater has the strongest draw for me, however.

Ali said...

Oh Linda, they're going to have Some Like It Hot, Dr. Strangelove, and All About Eve! I cannot wait!

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!"