Sunday, August 19, 2012

That's weird.


So, Julia is obsessed with the Lord of the Rings movies, and aside from being convinced that Legolas is a girl, she is all about the evil characters. She loves the orcs, the uruk hai, the cave troll, and especially the Balrog. She thinks the Nazgul are cool, too, especially when they're riding on the fell beasts.

She watches Fellowship and keeps rewinding to the orcs in Moria and the Balrog at the Bridge of Khazad Dum. She can't get enough of it. I keep trying to show her the Shire scenes and Merry and Pippin stealing fireworks from Gandalf's cart and ending up washing dishes, and she thinks it's funny for a second and then she wants to fast forward to an orc scene. She's four years old and she loves orcs.

This is the face my angelic little niece wants to see before she goes to bed.

She also had this to say, upon encountering the Ents: "Merry and Pippin ran away and the orc chased them and they ran up in a tree and guess what! The tree talks! The tree talks. That's weird."

There's weirdness to spare, my little pumpkin. Weirdness to spare.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I would like to thank Julia and her 27 viewings of The Fellowship while she was at our house that forced me to bunker down in my room and watch The Two Towers and The Return of the King. I chose not to rewind all the orc scenes, however.

Ali said...

It also helped me do well in our games of LOTR trivia.

Melissa (your sister) said...

When she woke up that morning she stood up on the bed and looked around the bedroom trying to find the ipad so could she watch that blasted movie! She must have been dreaming about it.

And I really wish you guys could have seen her face as she told me this story. There were crazy eyes galore and there were dramatic pauses in between the last three sentences because evidently I did not react shocked enough when she first told me the tree talked.

Allison, I'm surprised you remembered this since you were still comatose on the couch.

Ali said...

Oh, that kid! If she is doing something she likes before bed, she dreams about it and then wakes up with that, and only that, on her mind. There's no "lull her to sleep and hope she forgets about the bubblegum she was asking for." She'll wake up asking for the bubblegum.

And I totally understand her being disappointed that you weren't sufficiently wowed by the Ents.