Tuesday, January 22, 2013

One down, 23 to go.


Check the skulls and the twisted metal bodice.

So, I have completed my first Oscar category: Best Costume Design. There are 23 more categories to go, but I'm chipping away at them. For now, I'm happy to have one category finished.

I'd rather not admit what I had to do to get here, but it's easy enough to look up the nominees so I'm just going to come out with it and tell you that I watched both Mirror, Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman. Both actresses in the role of Snow White were equally hideous, but in their own wretched ways. Lincoln was great, Les Mis was good, and watching Anna Karenina was like being at the Subway station in Chinatown: just an endless wait for the train to finally show up.

I'd actually give this one to Snow White and Huntsman. The intricate gowns created for Charlize Theron's wicked queen were quite spectacular, and one of the only redeeming qualities of the film.

2 comments:

Melissa (your sister) said...

The parallel to waiting for a train in Chinatown took the tiny ounce of desire I had to see AK and made it evaporate like Eric's set budget.

Lex said...

"...and made it evaporate like Eric's set budget."

HAHAHAHAHA. So true.