Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sleepover Cupcake Decorating Party


So, this weekend Julia had a sleepover with her friend Lexus. Since I was visiting, I decided to put my cake decorating stuff to good use and organize a cupcake decorating party for them. A good (and sugary) time was had by all. The girls started off by sampling the cupcake batter and went full-on into shoveling in the frosting. Check it out.

The first rule of a good decorating party is lots of pretty frosting colors. The girls chose these five.

Then they decided which decorating tip should go with which color.

When were were mixing up the batter, I let them crack the eggs. Julia picked up an egg in each hand, slammed them down simultaneously on the table, and cracked them into the bowl. Then she declared, "I learned that from Nicole."

The decorating begins. 

Note the crazy makeup from their beauty salon party, immediately preceding the cupcake decorating party.

Julia shows excellent technique by squeezing the piping bag at the top.

She's delighted with her work.

Decorating quickly turned to eating...

Lexus dives right in...

...as you can see.

Jules does the same.

Completely crazed on a sugar high.

Some of the finished cupcakes. The girls are true artists.

The aftermath...

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love how Julia's blue icing on her mouth matches her eyeshadow. Next we will have socks matching the shirt. The 80's are back!

Kristen said...

Oooo, sprinkles!

And I see my lessons in subtle makeup application did not stick. Alas.

Ali said...

No, they did not stick. In fact, shortly after this, in a mania of sugar, Julia coated her entire face in bright pink blush and ran around shrieking "I'm a witch! I'm a witch!"