Sunday, September 9, 2007

It was kinda like the time I got a charlie horse, jumped out of bed, and took a header into the wall.

So, my parents are the biggest baby hogs (yes, even worse than me) and I’m constantly trying to find crafty ways to outfox them and get more time holding Jules. Sometimes my efforts pay off and sometimes they just bite me in the butt in an extraordinary fashion.

Today, I was catching a ride to my parents’ house from church. As we neared the house, I saw my mother take off her seatbelt, grab her purse, and sit forward in her seat, obviously so she could leap from the car and get to the baby faster than me. So, of course I shouted “Dibs!,” took off my seatbelt, and likewise prepared to make a hasty exit. I opened my door while the vehicle was still moving, bounded from the car, and ran across the lawn, up the porch steps, and face first into the locked front door. My mother enjoyed a hearty chuckle and Jules was sleeping anyway. Not my best day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Would have paid $50 to have been there when that happened. -James

P.S. Dibs at Xmas

P.P.S. (Good thing not P.M.S.) You and your parents were always baby hogs way back when, with Alexa and Maggie. I tried to avoid you people like the black death when I was holding them.

Unknown said...

Did you have to leap over anything in the yard as you dashed towards to the porch?

Amanda said...

Simply Hilarious! :o) That's the Allison I know! :o)

Anonymous said...

Amanda said...

Simply Hilarious! :o) That's the Allison I know! :o)

It wouldn't be Alison without the drama and the agony (her's) of defeat!

Ali said...

JAMES! Now you've spelled my name wrong! I may have to deny you baby time in retaliation.

Anonymous said...

Sounds kinda like the several imes you Stombaugh girls ran to the back of the church to get Olivia first, running through crowds of poeple along the way.... only to discover that we weren't there.

Ali said...

Yeah Megs, that happened just this week.