Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've got Barack Obama in a box in my dining room. That got your attention, didn't it?

Now I know what you’re going to say, and really, it’s not that I have too much time on my hands. It’s that I mismanage it. The most recent example of such is the time I spent assembling a small army of paper doll political candidates and their various posse members.


Check out Fold US Candidate, a website that lets you create your own paper political brigade. Simply print the doll blueprint, cut along the lines, glue it together, and play to your heart’s content.

I chose to make the complete set, and now they all live happily in a pink and brown box in my craft room.

First of all, I haven’t used a glue stick since junior high, so that was awesome. Second of all, I don’t care what your politics are, this Governor Palin doll is adorable:

Sarah is holding a tube of lipstick because of her hockey mom/pitbull comment:



Hillary is wearing boxing gloves, presumably because she was fighting hard for the nomination.


When I put them together, in my mind, Palin is saying to Clinton, “Hill, sweetie, would you like some lipstick? You could really use a stylist.” And my imaginary Hillary replies, “Would you like to taste my gloves of pain, beauty queen?”


It looks like Michelle Obama is trying to make Hillary be more civil, while Cindy McCain is just hoping to enjoy a good bloodbath. Look at her eyes! Scary!


Look at how much wider McCain is than Obama:


I can’t decide if this is a Republican ploy to make him look more imposing than Obama, or a Democrat ploy to make him look portly. But I do like how Barack’s ears stick out:


Fun! And we can’t forget Senator Biden:


But I don’t know why he looks like he’s hitchhiking. Won't someone give him a ride?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are way too much! Can I come over and play?

Ali said...

You know what we should do? Steal P&M's Obama/Biden sign and leave a smiling Sarah Palin doll in its place. Hee!

They'd so know it was us.

Liz said...

you are kind of a weirdo.