Friday, October 24, 2008

Two corpses, everything's fine.

"Flames! Flames... on the side of my face..."

So, I'm sitting here watching the movie Clue, and I haven't seen this movie for, literally, more than a decade. Probably a good fifteen years. But as I watch it, I am saying every line along with every character. Every. Single. Line. And I'm doing it in perfect cadence and with the same inflection as the actors. I'm even doing the sighs and the gasps of horror and, of course, the soup slurping. This is ludicrous.

Pretty soon my brain will stop accepting new information because it obviously doesn't purge any of the old stuff. Now if you'll excuse me, Colonel Mustard is about to suggest that they split up and search the house. Because, "This is war, Peacock! Casualties are inevitable. You cannot make an omelet without breaking eggs. Every cook'll tell you that!"

4 comments:

Liz said...

"But look what happened to the cook!"

Ali said...

I was wondering which cousin would respond with that first.

Unknown said...

I love that movie but I don't remember lines.

Becky said...

oh, i'm like a month too late! "but look what happened to the cook!"

we just got blogs here in asia, guys, c'mon... give me a break!