Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh man, the TV I watch... How can I even claim to have taste?

Muah ha ha ha ha! Just when I thought I could not love VH1 more, what with three iterations of I Love the 80s and as many seasons of watching poor Bret Michaels chase the former strippers of the world in Rock of Love, this channel that has become the pop culture beacon of our world is giving us a new gift. Terrell Owens is getting his own reality show.

No, seriously. Check out this blurb:

Top sports figure Terrell "T.O." Owens gets his own reality show on VH1 scheduled to premiere this summer. The series will follow Owens during the Dallas Cowboys' off-season as he deals with his best friends and publicists Monique Jackson and Kita Williams, revealing all the while his true personality is a mix of quiet and sensitive as well as volatile and outspoken.

Okay, first of all, “quiet and sensitive”? I don’t find that credible.

And second of all, when your publicists are your best friends, there is a problem. These are not your friends. These are people you pay to make you look good to the public, and as far as that’s concerned I hope they’re not being paid much because they are failing spectacularly. (Although succeeding at that job would require the liberal use of a muzzle.)

And these publicists/best friends will also act as matchmakers? Can “Cowboy of Love” be far behind? I cannot WAIT to watch this, and I know Amanda and Gena will be with me!

Viva la VH1!