Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I've been waiting for a musical like you to come into my life.


Well, I'm in NYC and it's business as usual, meaning: Broadway! Tonight I won the Rock of Ages lottery and we had so much fun at the show. They even gave us little flashlights shaped like lighters so we could wave them during the ballads. Two and a half hours of eighties music, I'm still picking confetti out of my hair, and I can't remember the last time I had so much fun at the theater.

I'm trying to understand how Billy Elliot beat this show out for the Best Musical Tony, but I'm seeing that one on Thursday so maybe I'll figure it out then.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go listen to some Foreigner with a Survivor chaser.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! Were you in the front row?

Linda said...

I've been waiting for a show like you to come into my life...

Linda said...

OOPS..it would help if I read the title to your post instead of rushing headlong. Feel free to delete or mock my oversight. Your choice!

Ali said...

Chris, alas we were in the second row. Still an awesome view.

Linda, I knew we thought alike, but I didn't realize you were a Foreigner fan. You've always held that Kris was the only good thing to come out of the 80s, but I think this show could change your mind.

Linda said...

I love Foreigner and Journey. I saw the show on the way to New England and we loved it, albeit we payed full price. Giz didn't want our trip to start off on a sour note since I missed it in the summer (it doesn't run on Wednesdays.