Monday, January 24, 2011

We trailed clouds of victory, is all I'm saying.

Who is this dude? Read on...

So, we kicked major amounts of tail tonight in the Trivia Tournament and extended our small overall lead to a rather healthy one. Woohoo! We also took first prize in the night's competition and got a $25 gift certificate that will buy some delicious appetizers next week. Go Team Ramrod! Also, the turkey reuben on pretzel bread is delightful.

Now, for the shocking part. You may have seen Melis' Facebook status already, but if not, here goes: there was a Steelers Trivia round and I dominated. Yes, me. Me! I spent some time last night cramming sports trivia like it was finals week at football college. And it paid off. It was like I left my body and was possessed by the spirit of the Mehall boys and Melis. Madness. Some of the crazy questions I got (answers below):

Who was the Steelers #1 draft pick in 2005?
Who was the first Steeler to be inducted into the Hall of Fame?
In what year did Art Rooney found the Steelers?
How many interceptions did Mel Blount have in his best season?
Which Steeler set a record for receiving yards in a single game in November 2002?

Yes, I answered these. "Ali, surely you jest." No, I swear! Cramming. It works. It's how I got through college.

Answers:
Heath Miller (I think of him as the Sidney Crosby of the Steelers)
Johnny McNally (Pictured above)
1933
Eleven
Plaxico Burress (Melis later pointed out to me that I was actually at this game. Oops! I totally forgot.)

Jen also came through awesomely when we were asked what was the only Steelers number to have been retired (70) and Melis and Brian knew that Chuck Noll used to play for the Browns. Travis is big on the sports knowledge too, and Jess and Kevin kicked butt in the other rounds. (Do not try to go up against them on PA trivia. Did you know the state fish is the brook trout? Jess and Kevin do.)

I love Monday nights.

2 comments:

Linda said...

blah, blah, blah...that's from me and Becky

Ali said...

Linda, this isn't a discussion about fantasy football. It's a discussion about the occurrence of something so unlikely it could be a harbinger of the apocalypse. Or something like that. The apocalypse bores you? Really?