Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I smell like a Benihana salad.


So, the great Thanksgiving Plague of 2012 which took down my family like a line of dominoes has me terrified of a repeat over Christmas, and I am taking steps. I have implemented Aunt Kathy's regimen of vitamins C and D and zinc, I'm carrying anti-bacterial wipes in my purse, and I'm bathing in peroxide and ground ginger.

"What was that?," you ask.

I happened upon this recipe for a detoxifying bath and I gave it a try because I'm giving anything a try right now. Basically, you run a hot bath, dump in 3 pints of hydrogen peroxide and 2 ounces of ground ginger, and soak in it for 30 minutes.

It did make me sweat, but not like a faucet as the above author said. It also made my skin feel really warm. In fact, at first I thought the ginger was doing something to make the bathwater retain its heat, but then it felt like the water was getting warmer and warmer and I realized it was my skin. I actually had to get out before the full 30 minutes because the heat was intense.


Also, the ginger will make it look like you're in a mud bath and make you smell like a Japanese restaurant. Two ounces of ginger is quite a bit. My bathroom looks like a mud wrestler came to visit.

I don't know if it detoxed me but I'm going to choose to believe it did. All part of my plan to trick myself into staying healthy.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I have full plans to walk around your mother's house with my own bottle of Purel. I don't know how on earth I missed catching the plague the first time around, but I'm sure I won't be so lucky if it strikes again.

And you're gonna need to tell me if that ginger smell has worn off, preferably before I hug you at Christmas.