Friday, August 17, 2007

Oh for pity's sake, I am so dumb

I drove to the Gibsons' tonight to spend the weekend. About 30 minutes into my trip, I called their house to check what their dinner plans were. I talked to Uncle Giz. The conversation went thusly:

Me: I'll be there around 8:30. What are your dinner plans?
Giz: Where are you now?
Me: Ebensburg.
Giz: Ebensburg?
Me: Yeah, Ebensburg.
Giz: Why are you in Ebensburg?
Me: (silence, as I contemplate my stupidity)
Giz: Ebensburg? E-B-E-N-S-B-U-R-G? Ebensburg?
Me: Ummmm, yeah?
Giz: Why are you in Ebensburg?
Me: Because I am so freakin' dumb!

And then Uncle Giz had a hearty chuckle at my expense, and then he made a joke about my stupidity and involving the city of Erie, and then I hung up on him.

But wait! I'm even more stupid than you realize. I was driving up the Johnstown Expressway and I got to where the highway splits and I thought to myself, "I need to go through Windber." And then I thought to myself, "No, that's the way to Chris' house. Instead I should go through Ebensburg." As if Chris' house (in Harrisburg) is not on the way to the Gibsons'! Clearly I have some sort of brain disease.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 things to say about this:

1.) You were in Ebensburg & you didn't stop to see your cutie baby cousin?

2.) for future reference: when you're on the expressway. Right=Bedford, or if you never get off 219, Somerset. Left=Ebensburg, and Pittsburgh!

Unknown said...

It is a good thing that someone will be driving you to my house next weekend.

Anonymous said...

clearly

Ali said...

Sadly Megs, I don't know the way to your house, or I surely would have stopped by to be a total baby hog.