Friday, August 17, 2007

What little patience I had is gone and it’s all Apple’s fault

I just got The History Boys movie soundtrack from Amazon. I was utterly disgusted that it was not available on iTunes because my iPod has spoiled me into thinking that I should be able to have whatever music I want immediately. Giant Eagle is also partly to blame because I buy iTunes gift cards whenever I go grocery shopping, telling myself that I’m only upping my gas reward points. Then I always have a money credit on my iTunes account which allows me to purchase music with reckless abandon. Oh man, I have spent so much money.

Anyway, History Boys was not available on iTunes, so I had to go through Amazon and, instead of getting the album in the 90 seconds it takes to download, I had to wait an entire six days and it was monstrous. But now that I have it, I cannot stop listening to Samuel Barnett’s rendition of Rodgers and Hart’s Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered. I love Rodgers and Hart so very much and I love, love, love Samuel Barnett’s voice. It’s so clear and beautiful. And I love his particularly English pronunciation of words like “laugh” and “half.” So. Very. Delightful. I love English people. The piano accompaniment is marvelous as well. I remember watching the movie and seeing Jamie Parker’s fingers fly so deftly across the keys and cursing myself for never learning to play an instrument. (I was not born under a musical planet.) Guys, I cannot stop listening to this song. I can currently be seen walking the streets of Old Westmont with my iPod and this deliriously dreamy look on my face as Samuel Barnett’s voice swells in my ears. So worth the 6-day wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"and cursing myself for never learning to play an instrument. (I was not born under a musical planet.)" - ""....I have always supposed it to be my own fault-- because I will not take the trouble of practising.""