Monday, January 21, 2008

Maybe one day she'll use her power to bring back Arrested Development

Tomorrow morning the Oscar nominations will finally be announced and I cannot wait!

This weekend I took another step in my pre-Oscar-readying regimen by going to see Juno. Great film! It does suffer from Dawson’s Creek syndrome, in that the sixteen-year-olds don’t so much talk like sixteen-year-olds as they do a thirty-four year-old screenwriter who has time to plan his dialogue in advance, with a few “teeny-sounding” phrases such as “Swear to blog!” tossed in. But aside from that, it really is a charming film that comes jam packed with a script that’s not predictable, a cast that puts their hearts into every moment of the performances, and a soundtrack that’s so perfect it’s almost like another character. Also, Ellen Page is on track to be ruling Hollywood someday. Let’s see how that goes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like it noted that I attended this movie with Allison. I can now say that I am included in Allison's blog?

Ali said...

I didn't realize you hadn't been included before. I might have known you'd be counting the times you were mentioned. It's kinda like going to your friend's house and counting the number of photos you appear in, and then comparing that number to the number of times other friends are in the photos. Not that I'd know anything about that.

Anonymous said...

Ellen Page ruling Hollywood? How about ruling a psych ward or rehab.

JmsGib

Ali said...

James, really, what's the difference?