Sunday, March 30, 2008

Is that one of the horsemen?

So, the Session ordained a new deacon today in church. Our new deacon is a very nice, Godly man. But here's the thing: he's younger than me. This has never happened before. The deacons, the elders, they were always people my dad's age or older. I only got used to the idea of Brian being a deacon. It just makes me realize that one day the Pastor will be younger than me. And the President. And the lead anchor on 60 Minutes. What!

I suppose I should have seen this coming when Josh got married and had a child, but still, it's unsettling. Not because I'm all worried about being old, but because it won't be long till people my age and younger are, like, running things. And we're not ready. I'm not ready, so how can people younger than me be ready? This world is never going to survive my generation. Enjoy it now, folks, because it's all about to come tumbling down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Younger than you?! He's younger than me! I know it's only by a couple years, but it still makes a difference. --Megs (for some reason I can't remember my password, so I have to type my name in)

Anonymous said...

You wanna know something, Megs? YOU remember your password but the Blog doesn't. I have changed my password 3 times to accommodate this testy site and it doesn't remember any of them. And I have tried to post some hilarious stuff. You'll have to take my word on that. Linda