Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Swing states!

This morning I heard a news report about the presidential candidates campaigning in this area. And can I just say, I love living in a swing state. Candidates court you. On election night, they talk about your state a lot, because they’re eager to find out which way your coveted electoral votes will go. They refer to your state as one of the Big Three, and candidates spend heaps of time and money trying to win your affections. It all gives me that overstuffed sense of importance that I enjoy so much.

Plus, it’s always easy to find someone who will debate you and someone who will agree with you, both of which are necessary for a happy, balanced life.

Sure, California has lots of electoral votes, but since they always go Democrat, who even cares about them? They’re boring. Swing states are where it’s at.

No comments: