Saturday, August 2, 2008

I love Scottish people and I love drag queens and I can tell them apart.

Okay, I saw something weird today as I was driving out of Westmont. I was coming down Bucknell Street and there were two men walking down the street, each wearing a hiking pack on their backs. This was not unusual. There are lots of trails in the woods around there. But one of the men was wearing a skirt. Now before you get all, "Ali, that's something we like to call a kilt, and you should be more tolerant of Scottish heritage," let me explain that this was not a kilt. This was a skirt. And I am very tolerant of Scottish heritage, so stop judging me! This was a short, pleated skirt, similar to something a Catholic school girl would wear. Except made of camouflage material. And he was just hiking down the street as though he wasn't making his first small step toward transvestitism. Can someone explain that to me? His friend seemed fine with it, but I don't know, now I'm wondering if he didn't have on some ladies' underthings under those hiking shorts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am surprised you didn't stop and take a picture.

Ali said...

I thought about it, but I was in a hurry.