Sunday, August 17, 2008

No, that's no problem if you fall on your face. We'll still give you a medal. Because you're Chinese.

Oh honestly, what is going on here, people? I know it's really important to stick your landing when vaulting in gymnastics, but I was under the impression that it was even more important to actually land your landing.

I'm just going to have a Bela Karolyi-type outburst here and say that I'm about sick of the favoritism being shown to the young ladies and pre-pubescent 12 year-olds that make up the Chinese gymnastics team. You can talk about start values all you want. The girl FELL ON HER FACE.

Whatever!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that you may need a break from the games!

Ali said...

Sacrilege!

Amanda said...

Chris - HUSH! I am furious over this chinese/gymnastics crap, too - and I don't watch nearly as much Olympic coverage as Allison does.

Ali said...

I love it when you tell people to "hush!"

Kristen said...

That was ridiculous. Falling on your knees. Stepping out of bounds. Falling on your knees AND stepping out of bounds. I really feel like they all got together and schemed on how terribly they could do and still walk away with a medal.