Monday, September 8, 2008

I drink from the keg of glory

Victory is mine! Victory is mine! Great day in the mornin', people, victory is mine. I drink from the keg of glory. Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in the land. -Josh Lyman


So, this weekend was the first of the NFL season and, consequently, the Fantasy Football season. Imagine my horror when I learned that I'd be going head to head with Melis, The Queen of Football. I was pretty much resigned to losing. Imagine then my surprise, nay, my shock, when I found that not only was I winning the match-up, I was kicking butt! This Fantasy Football thing is so much fun! Not only did I win head to head, but I'm currently leading Jonas by five points for the overall victory this week. Now I just have to hope that my Green Bay defense can hold out against Jonas' Vikings defense tonight so I can clinch the immunity prize for next week's Survivor competition. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just know that I had a fabulous start to my FF career. I'd like to thank the Academy, Melis for giving me advice despite the fact that she was my opponent, Drew Brees for having such a stellar game, Randy Moss for catching so many passes, Hines Ward for doing the same and being so adorable while doing it, and Jamal Lewis' hamstring for not snapping like an old rubber band.

And I'd like to send condolences to Mark, who drafted Tom Brady in our league, and whose FF hopes collapsed yesterday, much like the structure of that young man's knee. I hope Bill Belichick's bad cheater karma doesn't take out his wide receivers next. Stay healthy, Randy!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I thought you did well :)

I called my parents at some point yesterday and could hear my dad chuckling in the background at mark's misfortune. poor mark.

Anonymous said...

yeah...but fortunately he has Phillip Rivers as a back up.

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you. Me, on the otherhand, sucked it up big time
:o(

I got stuck with Vince Young as my quarterback... who is worth nothing, pretty much. And my backup is out with an injury... so I don't know what to do!

I can say that I learned alot from just one week in my FF league, though... and it made for watching all the games a whole lot more interesting. I actually stuck around at half-time to check out what was going on around the league. And since we have Sunday Ticket, I checked out pretty much every game at some point. :o)

Ali said...

Oh dear, Vince Young is my backup QB. Should I ditch him?

Anonymous said...

yes, Ali. You may want to think about ditching Vince Young. He's as worthless as NFL cheerleaders. Although after seeing what QB's were picked I'm not sure who you should go with.

Amanda said...

Try Damon Huard - KC QB got hurt (out for 2 weeks) and he's replacing him right now... Plus, Young is out for 2 weeks. At least that's who I have for now...