Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Well, as the philosopher Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want.

So, this weekend I had my first Fantasy Football draft. I was the tenth to pick out of ten people, and also I am an ignoramus in matters of football, so I didn't get an elite running back, but I did get an excellent wide receiver (Randy Moss). My top RB is Jamal Lewis, and I appreciate everyone's prayers for his hamstring, whatever your reservations are in sending good thoughts in the direction of the Cleveland Browns.

I also hit a few snags, namely choosing a dude on the injured reserve list (read: "out for the season") and a dude who is apparently a raging lunatic psycho who beats people and now has legal troubles (read: "out for the season and possibly in jail"), but aside from these missteps, I had a fabulous time in my first draft. Next year, I will do more research and weed out the Russell Crowes of the NFL before drafting.

Oh, and today I went to Yahoo and one of their top stories was "NFL player shot, in critical condition," and my first thought was, "Oh, please don't let him be on my roster."

To paraphrase the divine Jane Austen, Fantasy Football has made me sick and wicked.

No comments: