Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's here!

Behold! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AF-S!


Or, as it is known in my family, "the chubby little baby lens." This nickname can refer to the fact that the lens itself is small and chubby, or that it is an excellent tool for photographing chubby little babies. Check out that f/stop! After reading many, many articles about f/stops, I still cannot explain to you what they mean, and I'm not convinced anyone actually can. But James assures me that the 1.4 f/stop is absolutely fabulous, and I choose to believe him.

I spent months coveting James' lens, while lamenting the fact that it didn't jive with my D40. Now, Nikon has finally released a compatible version and I jumped on that thing like a hyena on a wildebeest carcass. Isn't it adorable?


Even more adorable? All the fabulous photos I'll be taking of little Julesy with this. I cannot wait!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

So Ali, I've heard how much you love sharing with your cousins who have the same camera...

Ali said...

Anytime, sweetie.

Kristen said...

Woohoo! I'll have to let you try out my D200. I'm still figuring it out myself!

Ali said...

Is this the D200 that was formerly James' D200? Because, if so, I think I've already tried it. But I'd love to try it again.

Did he give you any lenses with it? Probably not, huh?

Kristen said...

Yep, formerly James'. He actually did sell me a lens with it -- the 50mm 1.8.

Ali said...

Oh! His chubby little lens! Excellent.