Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thank you, Marques Colston’s thumb…

…or, more specifically, Marques Colston’s thumb ligament, for just not being able to hang on. Why am I thanking a total stranger’s connective tissues, you ask? Because I drafted Jeremy Shockey. Colston (sorry about this, Josh) is out for 4 – 6 weeks, and while this would concern me, as my starting quarterback is Drew Brees, I’m too tickled by the analysis of the New Orleans Times-Picayune:

Colston's injury puts the Saints in a bind since he is arguably their most reliable and effective offensive weapon. But they do have some depth at the position, with five other receivers on the roster, plus new tight end Jeremy Shockey, who can catch some of those third-down and red-zone passes that usually go Colston's way.

Red zone passes, baby!

Drew, I’m going to have to ask that you throw to Jeremy. A lot. We have an excellent working relationship, so I’m sure you will indulge me.

No comments: