Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teeny-tiny/Fabulous

I recently moved into a new, larger apartment, and just as I’ve been reveling in all this extra space, I stumble upon people making lovely living spaces in the tiniest of places. Apartment Therapy, the best substitute I’ve found since the heartbreaking folding of Domino magazine (please, I can't talk about it), hosts an annual contest for “Small Cool” places. There are four size categories: Little, Small, Tiny, and Teeny-Tiny. I’m loving the Teeny-Tiny places. Most of them are smaller than my bedroom alone, but they have sweet little kitchens and clever features like a Murphy bed that, when folded into the wall, is covered by two sliding bookcases. Just look:

Lovely bookcases.


Ta da! Bed!


Brilliant! Personally, I think the dude living in the 89 square-foot miniature house with a toilet-slash-shower is taking things to the extreme (my Barbie Dreamhouse was about that size), but most of these people are doing fabulous things with the space they've got, and I love that.

Kris, you should totally be in this contest!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

These all look amazing! Although I have to admit my apartment is rarely that nice and neat, let alone filled with clever contraptions.

Ali said...

Oh, but you don't need clever contraptions; you just need style and a good use of space, both of which you have. Your place is decorated so cutely, and I'll bet it's small enough to fit in the "Little" category.