Monday, February 14, 2011

Pink and red and trivia and laziness


Happy Valentine's Day to all you people who are in love. And Happy Valentine's Day to people like me who love to see red and pink sparkly stuff, chocolates, and flowers all over the place.

In other news, Trivia was tonight and the two married couples in our group shunned V-Day in order to join us for trivia. Commitment! We came in third, just like last week, only two points behind first place, just like last week. But! We maintain a hefty lead overall in the tournament. We are so gonna win, I am certain.

Also, I just got back from Houston, visiting Amanda, where my trip went something like this:
Sushi, nap, sleep, kolaches*, nap, Bosnian food, massage, Mexican food, nap, movie, movie, sleep, kolaches, nap, Texas BBQ, movie, movie, Indian food, nap, sleep, kolaches, fly home. We pretty much could not have been lazier and it was awesome. And I got to see Biutiful, so my Oscar-readiness is chugging right along.

*Kolaches are little breakfast buns filled with stuff like egg and cheese and potato. Deliciousness abounds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you bring any kolaches home with you? How does your team continue to be in 1st place after coming in third for two weeks?

Ali said...

I ate kolaches every morning, so I didn't bring any home. I kinda OD'ed.

As for trivia, we got an awesome lead early on, and the other teams are trying to chip away at it, but the same teams aren't winning each week, so they're not making much progress. The fact that we continue to place every week makes it hard to gain ground on us.