Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Muchas gracias

A special thank you to my dear friend Chris, who told me about the idiot mistake I've been making on my taxes for the past two years (i.e. since I started doing them myself instead of letting my mom do them for me.) I'm filing an amended return and getting an extra $312 back! (And just in time, as I got a 30% Kohl's coupon in the mail and am planning to put it to good use.) Thanks, Chris!

It's like I always say, surround yourself with people you enjoy, but make sure at least one of them is an accountant.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What was the idiot mistake? Maybe I've been doing it, too...

Ali said...

My local taxes aren't withheld, and I forgot to report the local tax that I paid when I filled out my tax form. It's only applicable if you itemize. There's a prompt for it in Turbo Tax and everything. I just didn't notice it because I am dumb.

Unknown said...

That is great news. Do I get a portion of it? Did you amend it for the past two years?

Ali said...

Yes, it is great news and yes, I did amend for the past two years. And you will receive my undying gratitude, which you must agree is worth more than some petty monetary reward.