Monday, November 2, 2009

It's a miraculous miracle!


Okay, so do you remember how I went on and on about how awesome that new NBC show, Southland, was? Well, I did. I went on and on. Then what happened? NBC decided they didn't have room for gritty dramas anymore because they'd rather put the super cheap Jay Leno show on five nights a week in the 10PM slot. (Like, seriously, are you trying to destroy your network?)

Southland was a casualty of this madness. I wept, I wailed, I declared that Brandon Tartikoff would be rolling in his grave to see what has become of the network he built, the network that ruled the 80s. But! Now, I no longer have to look with bewilderment at the burned out shell that is NBC. I don't have to look at NBC at all. TNT has picked up Southland and will re-air the first season's seven episodes as well as the second season episodes that have been filmed. It's a miracle!

After all I've been through with Pushing Daisies and Arrested Development and Firefly and Veronica Mars and The State and Deadwood... Wow, I've been through a lot. But TNT has rescued me this time. January 12, people. Officer Cooper returns.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hallelujah!! Won't January be the most glorious month? I used to feel this same kind of anticipation when Jane Austen's novels were deliciously translated by A&E and advertised months in advance. Well, maybe not the same so much, but you get the idea.

Ali said...

Oh Linda, I know exactly what you mean. I remember them advertising P&P in October of 1995 and it didn't come out till January of 1996. (Let's stop and take a moment to feel old for discussing events of over a decade ago as though they happened last month.) But the worst was when they advertised that "Season of Jane" with new S&S, new Persuasion, new Mansfield, AND new Northanger almost a year in advance! What were they trying to do to me? Monstrous!