Monday, November 10, 2008

It has come to my attention that I may, in fact, be a horrible person.

I hesitate to talk about Fantasy Football because apparently I have made myself odious to some of my family members in doing so. To quote Becky, "When you talk about Fantasy Football, all I hear is 'blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.'" To further quote Aunt Linda, "It's not just that I'm hearing 'blah, blah, blah.' It's that I'm thinking, 'She's usually interesting, and now why doesn't she just shut up?'" But I cannot shut up! I am here to make an impassioned plea to my readership. All four of you. (Minus Aunt Linda, who stopped reading this seven words into the post). I need us all to pull together and put the hex on Arizona Cardinals running back Tim Hightower, the last remaining player on Scott's team and the only one who can push Scott's score over mine. Hightower is projected to get 20 points tonight, but I can't afford for him to get more than 13.

Scott has already won the Survivor competition. (Congrats, Scott.) He doesn't need to win the weekly match-up as well. Perhaps if we all send enough bad thoughts Hightower's way, he'll trip over his own feet and be out in the first quarter.

You know, I never claimed to be a decent person.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I didn't know my mom said that to you! Then again, I can totally believe it.

Ali said...

It does ring with her tone of voice, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

I still read everything you post but I just don't have a clue what half of it means especially when it comes to football.

Becky said...

I quit reading after "plea to my readers", but #1 I'm excited to see that I'm in your blog despite having never read it before! and #2 Apparently Chna now lets you read blogs! (who knew?)

now if i could only figure out how to post this...

Ali said...

Holy crap, Becky, my blog made it to China! I can't believe it!