Wednesday, September 23, 2009

So long, cable. Hello, Coach Taylor.


I just signed up for DirecTV. This is awesome because not only will I get a ton more channels, many in HD, for less money, and finally be able to DVR shows instead of shamefully being tied to the archaic VCR, but more importantly I will be watching season 4 of Friday Night Lights NEXT MONTH (!) instead of waiting for the viciously cruel summer of 2010 premiere. I must confess this is 95% of the reason I chose DirecTV. The siren song of the new East Dillon football team...

October 28th, baby! Me and Coach and Tami. It's gonna be awesome.

4 comments:

Jimmy Jam said...

What ? You haven't built your own DVR box using linux?....PPPPPSSSSSSSSSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Ali said...

Well, I was going to, but I was too busy making a digital camera out of old toothbrushes and spare parts from my Operation board game.

Liz said...

what?! how are you watching FNL in October?!?!?

Ali said...

NBC made a deal with DirecTV wherein DirecTV pays for part of the FNL production costs and in return they get exclusive rights to broadcast the show months before NBC.

For season 3 NBC didn't premiere the show until February, but this year they pushed it back even further, to summer, and I suspect that's to make even more people want to switch to DirecTV instead of waiting a torturous nine months.

And the more people who get onboard with DirecTV, the more they'll be inclined to subsidize production of FNL. In fact, I think I'll just call them up and impress upon them how much this went into my decision and how much I'd be willing to stay a DirecTV customer if they help pay for season 5 and season 6 and... well, you get it.