Tuesday, September 22, 2009

These childish tantrums will not stand!

My landlord has placed the following note on our building's mailbox:


Mailman,

Your childish TANTRUMS by shoving the mail into my box and crumpling it into a ball had best not happen again or I will videotape the behavior and lodge a formal complaint.


The words "TANTRUMS" and "ball" are double-underlined.

I can't help but think that he probably crumpled the mail first and then shoved it into the box. But when you're mad enough the capitalize and underline a word, you're probably not thinking about the chronology of the events.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

That's hysterical. I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe crumpled mail being the fault of the tantrum-having mailman. I'm guessing he won't appreciate that.

Ali said...

I was tempted to call off from work today and keep vigil at my peephole, which has a direct view of the mailbox. I'm dying to see his reaction.

Kristen said...

I'm rather hoping he leaves a little note of his own. Crumpled would be a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Your mom should have good connections. Couldn't she find out for you?

And by the way, that letter is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If I were the mailman, I would crumple his mail on purpose just to prove how nuts it is.

Jimmy Jam said...

Maybe the landlord needs to purchase a bigger mailbox for all those tenets?

Ali said...

We each have our own mailbox and, may I say, mine has never been crumpled. Or even wrinkled.

Linda said...

I think I show excellent restraint in not commenting that your landlord is dangerously close to "going postal".

Ali said...

So much for the restraint.