Saturday, February 20, 2010

Never buy a Hyundai. They make hideous cars that will try to kill you.

My car loves this movie.

My car is paid off.

And there ends the list of nice things I have to say about it.

Other things I have to say? I suspect it wants me dead. I don't know if it thinks it's a beneficiary on my life insurance or something, but if it does, it has highly overestimated our relationship.

Evidence my car has it in for me:

Exhibit A: The engine died, 2000 miles outside of its supposedly fab warranty. If the engine itself wasn't a health hazard, having to replace it so early certainly was.

Exhibit B: The windshield wipers have a habit of tangling themselves up like something out of a Dali painting, or ceasing to work altogether. Generally in the rain. Not that they ever did a stellar job anyway.

Exhibits C - F: Blatant attempts on my life this weekend. Allow me to explain. I came to visit Linda and Giz this weekend to get Oscar ready. As I was driving to their house, an evil person pulled out in front of me, causing me to swerve to avoid broadsiding his evil vehicle. My deathtrap of a car hit some snow and my steering wheel decided, "I've had enough of this whole 'controlling the tires' gig" and just stopped doing so. I could turn the wheel 360 degrees and my tires were like, "Whatever. We're on strike."

I called AAA (best purchase ever) which I only just got last month (why, hello awesome timing) and they sent a tow truck. When the guy arrived he looked under my car and exclaimed, "Holy s**t! Your [insert name of car part I do not know] is completely rusted away!" He said he'd never seen anything like it. I swear my car chuckled to its diabolical self. It's only regret was that it didn't get me on the turnpike when I was going... well, faster than I'd like to admit while my mother has access to this blog.

Maybe it's time to buy a Vespa.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Maybe "Baby" didn't like being put in a corner.

Liz said...

I couldn't get past "my car is paid off." You actually got a bill?!

ok, in reality I did get past that. How did you get home?

Ali said...

No, of course I didn't get a bill. I was referring to the fact that I've never had a car payment. But no, the Bill of Doom still hangs over my head like the Sword of Damocles. Blargh.

Kris came and picked me up at the service station and I'm still at Linda and Giz's. They were going to meet my dad halfway tomorrow, but now Linda and Kris are planning to take me home and stay a few days and visit. Whatcha doing for the next few days? Maybe you should bring Wes for a visit to your Mom's and hang out.

Anonymous said...

After Exhibit A happened I would've ditched the car.

Linda said...

Hello, waiting for the retraction of the weekend past. To help you get started...
"Oh, Lizzie, can you believe things would end in this happy way?"